Monday, April 18, 2005

long weekend

I had to take an off from work on Friday since I was quite ill.That made it a long weekend.

Cough,cough,sneeze,sneeze,hello,hello,maaaa i still have a fever,maaaa im feelin so guiddy,maaaaaaa im feeling so nauseatic - well, that constituted 90% of my talking time this sick weekend.

Was so boring for the restless me to just lie down all day long like a sick granny n take REST like the doc asked me to.So did a lil bit of reading n made another small wall-hanging this weekend.Remember I mentioned that I had been reading 'The Road Less Travelled' in an earlier blog post?That was loooooooooong back but Iam still hooked to the same book.It's not voluminous but is so heavily loaded in terms of its thought-provoking content.Skimming oer it just for the heck of reading it might take about 3 hours but if you stop, think,try to digest n implement the ideas n views expressed, u'll probably take nearly as long as Iam taking - 3 weeks if Iam right.My second wall-hanging has some finishing touches to be added.

As they rightly say,an idle mind is the devil's workshop....The jobless me found myself in a majorly deep philosophical mood, threatening Plato's undisputed numero uno position.Spent a lot of time contemplating on a helluva lota topics that interested me endlessly,searching for answers that seem to be eluding me for too long now.

In toto, this weekend was in stark contrast to the previous one where I had so much fun loafing - first to a humour evening that was so entertainingly hilarious, then to a Kannada play called 'Bandvaalvillada Badaayi'.A weekend well spent.

Quote for the day: Life's sometimes so beautiful,sometimes so disgusting.....but it's never 'always beautiful' and never 'always disgusting'.
~~Chutki :-p

Today in history: Today, in 1861, at Fort Sumter was fired upon, returned fire, and the United States was officially at war with itself - the great Civil War began.After it had all ended, over 600,000 Americans had perished.

3 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Varun Singh said...

A pessimist comes at a traffic signal jam packed and curses his luck that he is last. An optimist comes at the same signal as smiles cause he knows he'll have to wait less :)
- Me

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Nomad said...

seema,
nice blog you have here
am aditya from sp2007 grp
nice to know that there are other
bloggers in our batch

well, keep blogging
adios
adi
http://nomad-i.blogspot.com/

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Fundoo said...

Dunno how I bumped into this space, probably through a friend who also is joining SP batch of 2007! Whoa!! If the brialliance of text in your posts is any indication to go by, awesome is the only word I can think of for your blog! It did not take too long to change my opinion from lets-have-a-look to this-is-a-must-read blog! You have a way with words gal! Do expect me more often in this space. :-)

BTW I turned SP alumni just a month back... me from batch of 2005!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home