Monday, April 04, 2005

Smart pranks n the not-so-smart me in fools' paradise

There goes my claim 2 fame or shud I say ill-repute: cat-woman busted totally

I'll detail 2 of the 3 "How i was duped" episodes here n save the third (n undoubtedly the smartest of pranks) to be published later....

1)My employment contract papers screamed out loud:Your email id will be firstname.lastname@blahblah.com. On my new job,I gladly started sending n receiving mails.Tried very hard to configure Outlook on a new machine with this email id.It was 3 full weeks later that i realized my email id wasn't what I had thought it was.Talk of the "attention to detail" n "observant" that i boast of on my resume!!!Embarrassing scene indeed when a colleague pointed out my dhakkan act.


2)We headed enthusiastically 2 the main campus for our freshers' party.Riding pillion on JP's bike had my dapper self all soaked in slush.Managed 2 wash some of it off my neat white skirt with the DETTOL that Barbie helped me with.Picked up a funda from her.......Gals jst need 2 spend an hour in the restroom 2gether n tnx 2 their gossipping abilities,they'll come out as best friends!


Then headed 2 the ATM to show Ro how to make cheque deposits.On my way back, a guy in black extended his hand,called me by my name n said a "hi".There i went rat-a-tat-a-tat....."Haaaaai" ....hand shake-shake-shake...."But Iam so sorry i don't recognize u.Iam terrible at remembering n associating faces n names.Ur face looks familiar but i don't quite rem where i've met u" n he instantly snapped "Ora Hyd".I smelt big time fish n retorted "But I was never at Ora Hyd" n the stumped guy swept clean with a "Oh!I was at Ora Blore 4 smtm n then moved to Ora Hyd".We exchanged a few common pleasantries n then parted ways.I returned 2 my huge tapori gang tht ws giving me inquisitive glares by now.They all started clapping n pullin my leg abt the way i supposedly POUNCED on this guy.Ro revealed later that she had FIXED it all up n he was jst my current colleague....not anyone i KNEW evn by face earlier!!!


3)This was the smartest of all my fools' day pranks.....one that made me laugh so hysterically for so long n not surprisingly, it came from someone who has gifted me with a helluva lota smiles for as long as I can remember :) This one can't be published ..... atleast not right now!

Quote for the day:Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them. ---- Abraham Licoln

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home