Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Pretty pretty on the wall

Now I realize : mom's threats of throwing away my things, often do a helluva lot of good to me!These threats started way back in college when I used to get morbidly obsessed with some of my pretty/smart clothes - to the extent that I'd wash n wear the same 4 or 5 outa 35 tops to college over n over again.The same was the case with 4 outa 18-20 salwar suits.Mom finally resorted to hiding these away in a suitcase so that I'd use the other clothes too instead of presenting myself like an abjectly destitute victim stricken by some natural calamity(No offence meant.....all my due respects to those who braved n survived the wrath of the natural disasters whose numbers in recent times are on a meteoric rise).

This weekend, the threat extended to "I'll throw away the half-completed wall-hanging lying under ur cot.It has been lying there untouched for atleast a year now n has gathered more than a few inches of dust".To make a long story short,I spent most of Friday digging up this museum piece of incomplete art from the dirt pile n got working on it right away.It has a white peacock sitting on a branch covered with leaves flowers n twigs.The entire piece is set on a black background.It's made of sola wood.Painting it was greeeeeeeeeeat fun.I painted the twigs brown with the Fevicryl colours that I had n then realized that I had none of the other colours needed for the leaves n flowers.The lazy me was way too lazy to go out n buy paint.So got a lil over-creative n decided to make some paint myself.Emptied green holi powder on to my pallette,mixed it with gum n water n there I had green paint ready to be smeared on to the leaves.Did the same with red,pink n golden coloured powders n I had lovely hues for flowers n the pollen.Ditching modesty for now,the pretty lil wall hanging did receive applause from everyone who cared 2 see it.It is now perched neatly in the hall of my home - the hall of fame :)

Quote for the day:A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
-- Herm Albright

This day in history:21-year-old Tiger Woods wins the prestigious Masters Tournament by a record 12 strokes.

2 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Varun Singh said...

but i thought that reasons behind getting new clothes recently were different! :))

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger chutki said...

hehehehe they don't call me choti-moti for no reason u c ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home