Thursday, April 14, 2005

Depressing,I understand

This post is dedicated to one of my dearest frenz who's goin thru a terribly depressing breakup.What makes the breakup as tough as it is, is that things are quite fine n intact between her n her guy but the breakup has been forced upon them due to ridiculous reasons.I wrote this heartfelt verse for her n ended up in tears by the time I was done.Didn't mean to post it on this blog - a personal message that was intended just for her but Iam doin so outa her own request.....I really hope she gets back to the cheerful self that she once was.I feel really really bad for her n am so despondent about the whole thing.The crux of this episode will be the subject matter of my next critical blog - a subject that I've been longing to write on since a long long time, a subject that has been mentioned in my blog's description - 'Love in India - a reason to celebrate or crib'.For now, here's the verse:


I know that u were promised the moon n the stars,
And all u have now are emotional scars;
That, together, u had built castles in the air,
And all you have now is a daily-visitor nightmare.

I understand dearest,I understand every inch of what u've been thru;
Cling on to me tightly baby,I'll do my best to help u pull thru.

I've seen how u can't forget his caring acts,acts through which he showed he luvd u in his own sweet way,
I've seen how every happening reminds u of him, despite ur best efforts to keep busy steerin down life's highway;
I know u still shed a silent tear my dear,
When ur all alone n no-one's near.

I understand dearest,I understand every inch of what u've been thru;
Cling on to me tightly baby,I'll do my best to help u pull thru.

I know that control over urself meant the world to you,
n that this was the only time u listened to your inner voice coo -
"Let go of urself,he's the one for you,
The man who'll light up ur life n stick 2 u like glue."
I know this was the only time when u let ur heart rule oer ur head,
n that decision now makes u feel like ur on ur death bed!

I understand dearest,I understand every inch of what u've been thru;
Cling on to me tightly baby,I'll do my best to help u pull thru.

I know u're extremely conscientious unto ur last breath,
n now guilt rules supreme across ur mind's length n breadth;
I've witnessed ur horrifying transformation from 'warm' to 'ice-chill',
n the slow melting away of ur strong,cast-iron will.
I know none can fill the void that he has left behind,
Nevertheless I'll try helpin u regain ur lost mind.

Iam a huge fan of the warrior in u who's bravely fighting his way back to normalcy,
I pray his victory will soon be here : u in ur normal self for the world to c.

I understand dearest,I understand every inch of what u've been thru;
Cling on to me tightly baby,I'm always there for u.

6 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

quite nicely put dearie..me in a very despondent mood right now. it sure hurts like hell- a break up does.. n nothin like having a good frn arnd to help u wade thru d pathetic phase imm following a brk. no sympathy -just the assurance that sumones there for u no matter wot- does wonders.
behind all d laughter n d bewada talk there IS a beautiful thinker..luv ya...muaaaaaaaaaah!!!!
ps:tabiyat ka khayaal rakhna n dont cum to offie tom if u can help it.

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[Seema]Sorry. I think Im intruding on a private conversation. Just wanted to let you know youve been bookmarked.
[Anon]'How do I feel my the end of the day?
Are you sad because youre on your own?
No, I get by with a little help from my friends'.
-The Beatles.
Cheers girl! Thats what friends for :).

---Pranav from BMS. Remember me? Or rather, how can you forget? :P---

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice Poem. Mind if I use it somewhere?

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger chutki said...

Hey himS,

Damn nice of u 2 have (a)Spared some time to stop by n skim thru wat I've written (b)DROP IN A LINE OF APPRECIATION ABOUT THE POEM (c)courteously asked whether u could use it elsewhere.

Well, as I mentioned in this post : "I didn't mean to post it on this blog - a personal message that was intended just for her but Iam doin so outa her own request".So I would truly appreciate it if you wouldn't use this elsewhere unless u absolutely have to....unless it probably helps someone else too.n if u use it 2 help someone, don't forget 2 put in the "Copyrighted by n original piece of Chutki.Flicked from chutkimutki.blogspot.com" kinda disclaimer there ;-)

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The verse was great and beautiful. Nothing much to mention since to be in love and to lose someone is really difficult.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger SG said...

Yes. Depressing I too understand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home