Saturday, January 07, 2006

Mundane update

A lot of things have happened since I last updated this space.Some very good, some stressfully torturous.Aah!So typical of a B-school life.I've always believed even the best elastic snaps.Even the strongest person falters after a certain humanly bearable limit, when stretched too much.However, the opinion's slightly changing now...I do believe this insane pace at which my B-school life is putting me through ups and downs will indeed make me an infinitely stretchable elastic by the time Iam ouuta here!

Each of the nice things that've happened deserve a post here but I haven't the time to spare to write about em in as much detail as I want to.So here goes a fleeting mention:

--Attended Pandit Vishwa Mohan Bhatt's veena concert.That man is Gaaaaaaaaaaaaawd!Mesmerizing music left me pining for more at the end of the concert.Being an ardent Veena player, I was pretty disappointed about not being able to get my Veena here for logistical reasons.This concert took me back to those good old 7-8 years when music was so much a part of my everyday life.Oh!the kinda effect that one hour of solid practice everyday used to have on me: Razor-sharp concentration, a balanced mind, a decent degree of mastery over the art n last but not the least, loadsa attention n media glare.Sometimes I so so so feel like chucking this B-school thingy n return to a life that was less stressful, a life that was a lot more laid back thus giving me enough time to pursue my zillion interests.Some treasured things that you want to cling on to forever, turn out to be so temporary... Sigh!I can't wait to get back home n start all over again.

--Won the second place for our business plan in the Tata Business Leadership Awards - a pretty prestigious one in B-school circles.The downside:Only the winner gets to go for the national finals :( Damn!There's so much of a gap between the cup and the lip.

--Attended a classical dance concert performed by my friend's troupe form Bangalore.The formations left such vivid stamps on my memory that I can sit down sometime and actually sketch them out!

--Watched a play put up by my batch.Very impressive cast, my roomie being the super star lead lady.The whole play was such an impeccable execution.This one shall definitely be written about very soon.The theme's a serious one, pretty much related to the ideas I had voiced in my earlier posts about the closed Indian mind.This one's a different hue of the closed Indian mind though. The play's quite tragic.More on it hopefully sometime soon.

Book Iam currently reading:Damn!Iam still stuck with Prisoner's Dilemma
Song that's currently playing:Dil mera churaaya kyu jab ye dil todna hi tha...
Situation:Assignment due in 2 hours, test in 2 hours,I don't know a thing n Im blogging away to glory!Talk of priorities...cha!Y do I end up giving the wrong priorities to the wrong things,the wrong people and the wrong tasks.B-school...heeelp!teach me how to get these priorities right before I get outa here!

10 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Abhinava Pratap Singh said...

Hi & A Happy New year!!
You seem to be cribbing about life in general in your post. I don't know what is taught in the B schools, but you can definitely take charge of your life if you want to.
I wish you could have played the music you wanted to.
Have an exciting year ahead.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger chutki said...

[Abhinava]:Hey!Tnx, Happy New Year to you too.Just cribbing?Bah!I dismiss that one.I've written about a lot of nice things too, but a reader always chooses to read and remember what he WANTS to remember n it's the cribs that you choose to highlight as a reader!Stress is the only thing Iam cribbing about.You have no idea how insanely packed our schedules get at times.

Moreover, the first para seems to be misunderstood, gentleman.It has a positive connotation to it, not a negative one...it says the crazy pace at which a B-school life puts me through ups and downs hardens me so much that Iam sure it's gonna make me an infinitely stretchable elastic that just doesn't snap :) See...I told you...You always see what you WANT to see :) Just coz I've written about some negatives doesn't mean Iam ONLY cribbing.It just means Iam being honest about how balanced exactly life is, with its plussess and minusses.

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger ancientmariner said...

Your blog "Are blogs an alternative for conventional media? " was a great one to read...hats off to u....which B school are u in BTW ??

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Div said...

As I see u from the other side, all I can do is smile. For soon you'll be here too and then all u'll have is sweet memories... something to be cherished for our entire lives.

Have fun Chutki!

 
At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world girl :D.. Nice post.. also loved the illusion thingie in ur photo-blog! Some perspective u have!

Namrata.

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger chutki said...

[ancientmariner]: Thanks :) I personally think it's a lil too lengthy though.Heard of SP Jain? :)

[div]:errr...I'll soon be where? n how does it feel out there?You know how that comment makes me feel?...It makes me feel like Iam listening to the voice of an alien who is sniggering at a mortal earthling, beckoning him to put an end to the mundane trivialities and transcend to the alien's world that's a world apart! Bosssss!!!!Ye kya tha!?!Blame it on too many spooky movies that I've been watching! :)

[Nami]:Thanks Nami.Your "Welcome to my world" makes me feel a lil spooky... like what Div made me feel :) Check it out right above this reply.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Div said...

Hey relax Chutki! This is no alien abduction thing, or any soothsaying. Nor any of those 'back to the future that happened earlier in a parallel universe' stuff...

Just that this is normal. For you, a new normal. And for those who've been thru it a 'sweet normal'. Have fun :)

(PS: u make me love replying to my replies! And, if u think u've watched huge no of si-fi's, u have competition!)

 
At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enri nivu ella spardegalallu gelthanea irthiralla.. mikdavara gathi enu antha swalpa yochanea madidira?? (tamashigea heldea astea).. nivu sakath buddi jeevi annsuthea.. geddidakkea congrats..

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger ancientmariner said...

yup...i hv a handful of friends in SP Jain...:-)

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Arunima said...

thanks for mailing in to me. Came here and enjoyed the experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home