Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Last few days in lazy bum's paradise

The nth time Iam listening to "performnce appraisal isn't a numbers game here in this great org" from my mgr.When the appraisals do come,they speak for themselves n numbers r all tht matter.If someone were to hang a loose noose around my mgr's neck n tighten it by a millimetre for every lie he blurted out, he wud die in less than half an hour.God bless!

Was browsing thru some science n tech stuff on New York Times today.Scrolled thru this article that spoke about how Pentagon is gonna have robo soldiers replacing human ones by 2010.They're spending a whoppin $502.3 billion in 2010, excluding the costs of war!!!That's when my bestessssst buddy came up with a snide remark "n we still call humans the most intelligent species!".Humans.I learnt today,are infact the 3rd on the list,behind dolphins n one other species.This reminds me Iam yet to make a post on my views about intelligence per se.Was also supposed to pen a review of Sack the CEO today but my machine's gona get relocated now n I'll do it tomorrow w/o fail.

The way these stupid relocations work!It's so ridiculous n funny......When something can be accomplished in simple ways,these damn processes that keep an organization functioning smoothly turn out 2 b double-edge swords.For instance, my team's relocating today and I got to move to a cube that's 3 cubes away from mine.Since the whole team's relocating,they couldv'e just sent 2 guys to help with moving the machines n phones.But no!!The process says you should log separate requests for PC relocation,local phone relocation and ISD call phone relocation, note each of the request numbers for future reference,get each of these requests approved by the manager,call the admin guys to speedily attend to the request,give them details of the desktop's CPU number,monitor number n whatever pther thousands of numbers they ask for and finally drag your b**t out of the god damned place!!Well, now that Iam done with it,I'll have Kamble n Priya for new neighbours.Priya is an extreme introvert,Kamble n I r non-stop yappers when it comes to fighting wid each other.So will hopefully have fun here for the remaining 12 days that Iam here.

Quip for the day:A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home