Monday, February 14, 2005

Fun oer the weekend

Had been to the orphanage the other day to check out if I could contribute towards adopting a kid.The kid will be solely my responsibility,except that it won't stay under the same roof as mine.I'll have to cater to its food,clothing and educational expenses.But daaaaaaamn!i was in for some disappointment.Those guys at the orphanage said:(1)You can't choose the kid. (2)You just got to pay 15k a year n forget abt it.They'll use it for the betterment of all the 58 children in the orphnage.That didn't sound too interesting to me.Got to go hunting for another orphanage that doesn't have such restrictions now.

After some unwelcome weekend bores,I finally stepped outa home as usual to go loafing.Mom keeps sayin I was born with wheels under my feet!"U r all the time all over the place" is how she describes this loafer.Missed the ISC family day function....or should I say swapped it for an awesome time at Amoeba?Bowling was fun,especially for someone who bowls PEOPLE over ;-) :-p Won a cute lil penguin in the counter-stopping video game.I find ice-hockey eternally amusing too although the board clearly reads "Only for kids" :) V,J,RG,Sundy's company was fun.Wound up Sunday with a long game of chess.It always gets so long when I have dear lil Chubby for an opponent.Was fun.I won :) That marvellous chess board that V,J n RG presented for my bday seems to be a sort of a lucky charm for me.Haven't lost a single game on that board.
Before I sign off,here's a small piece that i picked up from the impressive old Vaswani's discourse:

God answers all our prayers in one of the following 4 ways:
(1)He says YES n grants us what we wish to have.
(2)He says "No my child, i won't give u this.This isn't for ur ultimate good" n he doesn't give us what's not good for us.
(3)He says "Not yet my child, just wait n I'll give it to you at the right time" n finds an opportune moment to grant our wish.
(4)I forgot what this last one was! :(

Book currently reading:To kill a mocking bird by Harper Lee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home