Thursday, January 27, 2005

daily humdrum

The drive to office this morning was extra-ordinarily cool.Maybe it had to do with the unusual morning-freshness of my mind too cz I rose with the sun for once.My mind was still lost in yday's fun time spent at Megabowl and Spice Garden on my team outing.It was baskin in the joyful warmth of yday's memories of winning the bowling game, the romantic ambience at Spice Garden (oh boy! the couch felt empty without a special someone next to me),the aroma of good food,the gyaan I got about 'fried icecream', my manager's oh-so-sad jokes(My manager's earnest Herculean effort at humour fails miserably time and again like the spider in Robert the Bruce's story.Try try again,Mr.Manager.U have a long way to go).It was now my turn to put in some Herculean effort and drag my mind outa the warmth of this hangover right into the warmth of today's sun that was scorching bright n reminding me of the embarrassnig fact that I was again late as usual to hit the road to hell for another long day's grind.Dragged myself outa home,whizzed thru the usual parks showcasing all of nature's hues,spotted a long-haired hunk on the way,got foul-mouthed by yet another drunken rickshaw puller n finally landed at my desk (read 'my wooden bed that's just short of a decent pillow') by 7:55.Boy!that was a neat 55 mins late :)

While i got busy in the act of trying to act busy,Santosh and Sandeep buzzed to gimme a whole lota gyaan about SPJ.Poor Santosh sed he got belted in the interviews but ws glad he survived the first round.Sandeep ws hopeful though.Hope they make it.Rags passed by my desk,putting in his hackneyed comment "kabhi kabhi kaam bhi kiya karo!".Had to skip breakfast 2 talk 2 these people......not like I miss the worms on my plate anyways :) Did some general tp in my cybercafe.....stumbled upon http://in.rediff.com/news/2004/sep/18look.htm amazing talent there!Wat the heck am I doing with my veena,painting,chess,reiki n stuff!?!High time I got them kickstarted again.


After the usual hustle-bustle of daily-work n some endless cribbing about how my joblessness here has sucked my mental thought-process and creativity of whatever lil life it had,I had a few consultants' calls to attend.Changing jobs is no easy deal especially when it comes to accepting one amongst a spate of seemingly cash-draining/brain-draining offers.Got 2 mug for my test on Saturday.Miss college big time.....I would atleast have a whole junta of 50 people cribbing along with me about having to start from page 1 of 300 for tomorrow morning's test!To add to this misery, Mr.moron had to call me today n describe his awesome long drive yday which ended up being a 320-km drive,extending into a resort stay right at the top of Yelagiri.Man!!!!now that's wat I call cool........jst go when u feel like it,Dil Chaahta hai ishtyle,if u come back on the same day from ur "long drive",gud 4 ppl at home.If u come back the next day after a resort stay, good 4 u.If u don't come back at all .............well, goodbye for today dear Bloggie Buddy.Hope I have more than just daily humdrum to write about tomorrow.Will come to office in an upbeat mood,come what may!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home